Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another Dream

I had another dream last night about my GAMSAT results. My scores were 24/34/67 in the respective Sections (at least these scores are better than those in an earlier dream where I scored 0/0/18!). What the?! I would have expected higher scores in Sections I and II, considering my non-science background. Anyway, despite these shocking scores, I still managed to score an interview with USyd (yeah!!).

The structure of the interview was bizarre as well. There were 80 of us in this arena, and there was one main interviewer who threw questions at each of us in turn. When it came to me, I answered his first two questions quite well, and then he asked me what other skills I had that I can share with everyone there. I replied and said that I could do a really sexy Cha Cha - so he asked if the group can get a demonstration!

I got up to dance (in spirit with the whole interview process) - and ended up doing a really BAD Cha Cha, probably the worst Cha Cha I've ever done in my life! I think it was partly due to my shoes (which weren't made for dancing), the bad flooring in the arena (also not made for dancing), and the fact that I was juggling a cup of coffee and some papers in my hands! LOL

I finished my demo, everyone applauded my pathetic Cha Cha, and was about to sit down when the interviewer came up and said to me: "You shouldn't have done that. You should have asked if you were allowed to dance in here, before going ahead and doing so. You'll be deducted points for that performance." I was so upset! I needed all the points that I could get, and now he was going to take some of my hard-earned points from me for doing something that he asked me to do in the first place!

Needless to say, I was visibly upset when I woke up this morning! :-/

2 comments:

ausmedstudent said...

Hey magical dots - I'm really enjoying your first few entries. (I hate running out of onions, too...)

May the GAMSAT angst be over soon. It gets better from here... :)

May I link to your blog? I know there are other prospective meddies who read my blog who would love to share your joy when results come out :)

ausmedstudent.livejournal.com

Magical Dots said...

Hi ausmedstudent,

Yeah, that's fine. May I add a link to yours too?

And yes, the GAMSAT wait is awful! But May is only around the corner, the results should be coming out real soon...