Friday, April 20, 2007

While I wait....

I just realised something today that I have conveniently forgotten about - I don't even have my GAMSAT results yet. I've been thinking so much about what university to go, how the interview process will go, and reading other med students' blogs, that I haven't even thought about that dreadful exam and the fact that I haven't even received the results from it yet!

I had a dream a few weeks ago that my scores in each Section of the GAMSAT was 0/0/18. How devastating would that be if they were my actual scores??! Needless to say, I felt absolutely awful when I woke up that morning! LOL

I wonder what this Blog will be like in a year's time: whether I'd be a few months in to 1st year med at USyd (or UND, I haven't decided which one to put as my 1st preference yet, or perhaps UWS if I totally bomb out in the GAMSAT and choose to sit the UMAT instead), or if I would have just sat the GAMSAT for the 2nd year running, with my stomach in knots waiting anxiously for the results again. I'd love to be able to look back on this entry to remind myself just how I was feeling at that time about my uncertain future. :)

No matter what happens though, I can't neglect my current career. I need to continue to develop my skills and experience in my current field, should my medical aspirations not proceed any further than sitting the GAMSAT/UMAT. At this point in time, a medical career is just a dream, and I will continue to pursue that dream as best I can over the coming months. But I can't let my life stay stagnant while I wait for my GAMSAT results, I need to look at what else is out there for me in my current field. I need to be more pro-active.

So I think I'll step up the job-hunting this weekend, and hopefully come across a few promising roles in the process.

No comments: