Sunday, June 10, 2007

13-Day Fortnight

I've only had one day off in the last fortnight. Surprisingly, I'm surviving better than I thought I would. My current routine: I go to work, go home, jump online briefly, and then it's off to bed. And before I know it, it's back to work I go...

I had to cancel my lunch arrangement with my girlfriends last week (and I was so looking forward to it, remember?!), and we were supposed to meet up again sometime this long weekend, but I had to take a raincheck this time 'round too.

I wonder if this is what it'll be like as a doctor, if not worse. Would I really want that? Although I hope I'll feel that my work as a doctor will be more meaningful, and putting in all those hours will be worth it. All I see coming out of working these hours at the moment is the extra cash in my next pay. Not very meaningful in my books. :-/

I'll be hitting the sack soon, to kick off yet another day at work tomorrow. While the rest of Australia enjoys their long weekend.

**Sigh**

No comments: