Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sarah

I stumbled across Sarah's blog through my web surfing. Sarah had (yes, had :-( ) Stage 3 malignant melanoma when she started her blog, which eventually progressed to Stage 4. She was using the blog as her way of venting her frustrations of living with the disease. It is written from the heart, and is very personal. It is a very sad story, especially since you know how it ends, and I found it especially hard to read when her husband Derek started writing entries on her behalf because she was too ill and weak to write herself. My tears started flowing when he wrote "After fighting like no other, Sarah is going to die." I can't even begin to imagine how he must have been feeling when he wrote that. My heart just went out to the two of them.

I am truly grateful to have been given the opportunity to share in her story of battling cancer in the last year of her life.

1 comment:

Polly said...

After reading the last couple of posts a few weeks ago, last week I read the whole of Sarah's blog from beginning to end. It was such an eye opening story and gave an insiders view to the turmoil of such a diagnosis. I too began crying when Derek wrote those words.