Sunday, August 5, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

I was particularly slack last month, I know. Not that it's been a busier month, more that I've been sick for about half of it, and the internet has been down at home during the other half. And internet problems are still persisting, unfortunately.

But I promise to try harder this month. I have a new job (yay!), so hopefully I can post some interesting anecdotes on my new work environment real soon.

Oh, and I've also found another good blog read: Panda Bear MD. He's an ER resident somewhere in the USA, and is very opinionated on a number of things relating to medicine (training, cost and residency are the three main themes that quickly come to mind). It's a good eye-opener, although I wonder how close the American system is to the Australian one. I might have to find some good Australian doctors' blogs for a better comparison.

And speaking of the Australian system, interview letters are supposed to be coming out sometime this month. I'm assuming this means sometime towards the second half of the month. Maybe I'm just too cynical nowadays, but I've pretty much given up on the entire process and the chance of anything actually happening in a timely manner. Or perhaps just too much Panda Bear…?? :-)

No comments: