Thursday, May 17, 2007

Official GAMSAT Results for 2007

Section I - 58
Section II - 60
Section III - 58
Overall - 58

Initial thoughts on reading my marks:

Section I: What?! That's pathetic! I expected a much better mark than that!

Section II: What?! 60?? I thought I wrote pretty good essays, I was expecting low to mid-60s at the very least!

Section III: What the?!? 58??!? WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I passed the Science section!!!! :D

So basically, my expectations were totally way off mark. But I'm pretty happy with my results, given that it was the first time that I'd ever sat this exam.

My overall mark isn't crash hot, my percentile ranking was roughly around the 55% mark. Pretty average, really. So I'm not sure if I'll score an interview. I'm almost positive I won't be asked to come in to interview at USyd (my 1st preference), so hopefully my 2nd preference will take me in (University of Notre Dame Sydney). I'll still apply to both, despite my so-so GAMSAT results. I've gotta be in it to win it, right?! :)

So I guess we'll have to wait and see what transpires over the coming few months. Hmmmmm... Now one wait is over, and the next one starts.

No comments: