Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Progress Update

1. ONLINE APPLICATION FORM

I submitted my online application form (and forked over my $70, ugh). I listed my preferences as I had said in my previous entries:
1. USyd
2. UND(Sydney)
3. None

Although now I'm starting to regret it and I'm thinking that maybe I should have put UND(S) first, since it is the only university that I really want to go to anyway!!

Preference #1 will be rejected anyway, but still, putting UND(S) first would probably have increased my chance at an interview.

Oh well. It's done now. All I can hope for now is an interview place at either uni!

2. ONLINE GPA FORM

I've also filled in the online GPA form, but still yet have to finalise it. I'm still unsure about how my GPA will be scored, I have a few things that I think are a little out of the ordinary:

- My course was originally a four and a half year degree, but I extended it to five. I was never officially part-time, but my total units in each of the last four semesters were not the maximum units for a full-time load. So how do I group my subjects? Where do I draw the line as to which subjects to include and which to exclude from the GPA calculation?

- I did a combined degree, and almost all my subjects in the last three years were 2nd and 3rd academic year levels. How does that work for the Weighted GPA? Or does it not matter? Probably not. But what would happen if I didn't take any 1st academic year subjects during the last three years of my degree? Would they then just give me a GPA1 of 0?

- In addition to my transcript, I might have to give ACER photocopies from my old handbooks (my first one was from the mid-90s, I can't believe I still had them!) . Some of the subjects that I took are no longer offered (or are now under a different name) so any additional information sent to them will make their jobs that much easier, and hopefully that will mean less error in their final GPA calculation for me. (OMG, I went to uni before the internet was even born. That's insane!)

3. PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR UND(S)

I still haven't had the chance to work on my Personal Statement since last weekend! Tsk tsk! I might work on it now... I don't want to have to leave it until the last minute, and not have the time to re-work it, which it will undoubtedly need.

When will this process end....

** Sigh **

No comments: