Sunday, May 27, 2007

Preferences

I've decided on my preferences:

1. USyd
2. UND(Sydney)
3. None

I have pretty much Buckley's chance of getting in to my first preference, but as I've mentioned in previous entrries, I don't really know if I want to go there anyway. It feels like it's only there for the prestige factor of going to that university.

I really want to go to Preference #2. My gut instinct tells me that I would really enjoy my time at UND(Sydney). I'm currently in the middle of writing my Personal Statement for my application to this university. But because of my mediocre GAMSAT and GPA scores, I'm pretty much preparing myself for the worst...

And since I'm not willing to relocate (or travel too far, as is the case for UWoll), I've left Preference #3 blank.

I've also decided that I will sit the UMAT (have I already mentioned this in an earlier entry?). I wouldn't mind going to UWS either, that would actually be my third preference if it was a graduate-entry course. But the guys on Pagingdr have mentioned that entry via this alternative route is tougher than it seems, so again, I'm not expecting too much.... :(

Am I being too pessimistic? Or is this really an accurate depiction of my chances??

No comments: